Overview of the Mission Work in Lapila, Haiti
The town of Lapila, Haiti holds a special place in the hearts of LIttle River Baptist Church. Pastor Fred Wall is a missionary in Lapila, a town up on the plateau in Haiti. Lapila is located almost in the middle of Haiti, just about halfway between Port Au Prince and CapHaitien. Pastor Wall and his wife, Joyce, have been serving as Haitian missionaries for many years. He has had a vision for the people of Haiti that has included:
- building churches in the people's communities
- training Haitian men who are called to preach the gospel
- teaching the gospel to those same pastors and other church ministry leaders
- building a Bible College for pastors to attend
- creating a three year curriculum of Bible study for these pastors
To date, twenty-one churches have been built in the surrounding areas. These churches become the center of the community with school for the children often being held in the same building.
The Bible College will become a reality this year. Pending ongoing support with funds for construction, the structure should be completed for students to begin coming to school in September of this year.